This privacy statement sets out how TenCate Grass Holding bv and its subsidiaries (“TenCate Grass” or “we”) uses and protects any information that you provide to TenCate Grass when you visit our websites and correspond with us.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our websites, you can contact us via the appropriate Contact section on the site. Through this, we collect all the information that you fill out, which may include your name, company, e-mail, country, your enquiry, how you heard about us and any other information you decide to provide.
You can also contact us via email and using the contact details listed on various parts of our website. If you contact us, we will collect your name, company and phone number, and any other information you provide us which we need to be of further assistance and communicate with you.
If you subscribe to our marketing communications, we will collect the information you provide us with, which may include your e-mail address, the topics for which you wish to receive updates or further information and any other information you decide to provide us with, such as your name, company and position. You can always unsubscribe from these messages by following the instructions in our emails.
If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we may process limited personal data in the course of our business relations with you, for example when you place an order, or request a sample. Such personal data may include your name, company and job title, e-mail address, telephone number, address, order details, and if applicable, credit registrations and credit limits.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- We use the information you provide us with when you contact us, for example in relation to enquiries, orders, comments or complaints made by you for conducting business with you and for our legitimate interest of communicating with you about our products and services.
- If you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects, we use your information to establish and fulfil our contract with you. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you and arranging the provision of products and services. We may also use your information for our legitimate interest of documenting and managing our internal administration.
- We use the data we gain from use of our websites for market research in pursuance of our legitimate interests of improving our products and services and being able to offer tailored products and services to our customers and prospects.
- We use the information you provide us via our websites (for example when signing up to a newsletter or other marketing communications) to send you information on our products and services, special offers or other information based on the interests that you have indicated to us. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can indicate so via the links provided in our emails.
- If necessary, we may use your information in order to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of protecting our legal rights, for example, in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and/or investigative purposes. This may include sharing your data with third parties, such as government authorities or law enforcement officials.
When do we share your personal information with third parties?
If necessary to perform a service you request from us, to execute an order you have placed or to follow-up on your enquiries, we may share your information with other TenCate Grass entities or third party service providers, for example email and hosting providers such as Portal for Business, IT suppliers such as ICT Spirit and Cobra CRM and delivery services such as FedEx and DHL. Third party service providers will process your information on behalf of TenCate Grass for the purposes above. When we share your data with these parties, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are taken to protect your information.
Some TenCate Grass entities and some partners and service providers are located outside of the European Economic Area, in particular the countries in which TenCate Grass has an office. An overview of the global presence of TenCate Grass can be found here.
The transfer of data to our TenCate Grass entities outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) is protected by EU approved model clauses (read more here). For service providers and third parties outside of the EEA that are not subject to an adequacy decision (read more here) from the EC we also apply the aforementioned EU model clauses. In addition, some of the service providers in the United States are Privacy Shield certified (read more here). If you wish to hear more about these safeguards, please contact us through the details further below.
How long do we store your data?
We retain information about you only for as long as needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
For example, if you are a customer or supplier of TenCate Grass or one of its subsidiaries, we will keep your information for the duration of the contractual relationship you or your company has with us and after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out above or to comply with legal obligations such as tax obligations. Information we collect as a result of you subscribing to our marketing communications will be stored until you decide to withdraw your subscription.
How do we protect your data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the information we process from you.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to ask TenCate Grass for an overview of the information we have about you and also to correct or delete certain data, restrict processing of your data, or to ask TenCate Grass to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You can also object to some processing of your information and, where TenCate Grass has asked for your consent to process your information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch at email@example.com. If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing communications for us, you can also do so by at any time using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such e-mails.
In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to contact your local data protection authority. We hope this will not be necessary and would like to assure you we will do our best to resolve any dissatisfaction you may have.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions
If you have any questions requests with regard to this privacy statement, please contact us at:
Changes and applicable law
TenCate Grass may change this privacy statement from time to time by updating this page. This privacy statement is effective from 25 May 2018.